Facts about stuff:
Do you know how your customers are finding you or are you just guessing? Hard facts and statistics are important and no longer difficult to gather using our analytical tools and data services. The importance of mobile is highlighted in a fairly recent study by Google and Neilson.
The five executive summary items that came out of the study speak volumes to the importance of the mobile platform.
- Consumers spend time researching on mobile – 15 hours plus per week
- Mobile research starts with search – more research is started via search engines
- Location and proximity matters to mobile consumers – consumers want your business to be within 5 miles or less of their location
- Purchase immediacy is key – over half make a purchase within the hour of doing the research
- Mobile influences purchase across channels – 93% of researchers complete purchase, most within the store.
These are just a few of the facts surrounding the importance of mobile in your business world. If you don’t have a handle on it, you should. The gathering of data is relatively easy using our data services team.
credit: Google/Nielsen Mobile Path to Purchase custom study, Nov 2013. Data varies by category.